About Our Church
The church started....
The ministry at Geddes Street commenced as a Sunday School in early 1949. They met in Mr. Brunner's garage which was next door to the present site of the Church. Land was donated and a hall was built in 1952 on the present site. The hall was opened in 1953.
An addition was made to this hall in 1965 for a kindergarten class, and in 1966 and additional hall was moved to the property to be used for Sunday School.
on the 6th of April 1975, South Toowoomba Baptist Church was constituted an independent church.
The work increased and further room was needed. The two halls were removed to make room for a two story building which was completed in 1985.
Sadly, in 2009 the church and hall were damaged by fire. A major renovation was undertaken and we were able to move back into the present church at completion of this work.
A Re-opening Service was held on Sunday 12th September 2010.
Praise God for His faithfulness to us over all these years.